The nature of our work means we rely a lot on third party software to get the job done or better serve our customers. Since we began offering blog development, hosting and content creation services, this has meant relying on a popular open-source blogging platform, WordPress.
However, it is with great excitement that we would like to announce the launch of our own proprietary blogging system: VPress™. Mixing in the benefits of WordPress, other blog platforms and user needs, VPress is a step forward in creating a blog platform that performs better with the rest of the website.
It’s the second day of the week, meaning we’re coming at you with Tech Tuesday, our weekly round-up of web and tech stories you should know. We have an awesome list of stories and topics for today, including:
- Insights into the work environments at tech giants like Amazon, Uber and Facebook
- A man channeling Forrest Gump on his Tinder profile sweeping ladies off their feet
- The introduction of modular phones from (who else?) Google
- Fossil and Intel teaming up to produce an internet-connected watch
- Hackers disabling a Wired writer’s vehicle in busy highway traffic
- NBC Universal making a huge investment in BuzzFeed
Your website and brand could benefit from a different top-level domain.
Just last year, online real estate dramatically changed with the introduction of new Top Level Domains. It’s true that we have always enjoyed a certain level of freedom with the availability of .com, .biz, .net and the international choices of .co, .uk, .au, etc.
However, industry keywords, city names and interests have now entered the market, with nearly 4 million websites around the world currently taking advantage of this new feature. Will you be an early adopter and register for one of the 1000+ new Top Level Domains to hit the market this year? Before you do, here is what you need to know.
It’s Tuesday, signaling another edition of Tech Tuesday. In today’s roundup of web and tech stories you need to know, we touch on Google’s “Alphabet,” Facebook diving into live streaming, HTC in dire straits, the most used passwords in 2014 and the science behind why you see so many cat videos on the internet.
“I want our new website to look amazing!”
What customer hasn’t said this phrase at some point during the development of their website? Of course, a clean, modern looking website is a great marketing tool to have. But the “look” isn’t the only thing you should be concerned with when developing or considering a new website.
The words deserve some of your time as well. A website with great design and terrible content is just like a lemon at a used car dealership: lots of flair, but low performance.
It’s Tuesday, meaning it is once again time for a wrap-up of awesome and amazing stories in the world of web and tech that you should know. In today’s Tech Tuesday, we look at:
- The 2016 presidential hopefuls and their views of net neutrality
- A plateau in sales of tablets worldwide
- An app that assists you in taking your medications
- Taking flight through our galaxy’s cosmic dust
- Putting your old smartphones and tablets to work to boost your productivity